Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hello!

Well I should eventually pop my blog cherry and actually post something so here we go, Domestic Dolls first ever post! And its a cute one ;)

Saturday we decided it was time to finally plant some flowers in the two big pots out the front of our house. They've been sitting there completely empty for months now. Neither me or my husband know a thing about flowers or gardening so we walked into bunnings confused and not knowing where to start so after much flower sniffing I decided I should ring my mum (who is a beautiful Gardner and bonsai artist) and asked her where to start. She suggested I get a dwarf gardenia so I found a lovely one with beautiful white flowers and we had that until husband decides the golden gardenia is MUCH prettier. So we picked that one instead (and of course it wasn't until we got home we realised it matures to over a metre tall). While we were there we asked Jayke to pick out some small flowers to put at the base of the pot for him to take care of and water and he found these cute little blue lebilias. And to finish it all off we grabbed some white petunias which were so lovely!

Then came the fun part!


Mr Garden king helping his Grandma plant the petunias.
 

The Garden Queen!
 


The lovely petunias
And the final product!
Now I just have to fix those steps ;)

Lessons learnt from the day? Always check the plant size before you leave the nursery!


-Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment