Friday, November 11, 2011

Creating a craft space!

My house is tiny with VERY minimal storage areas so when I got into scrapbooking and sewing (and other crafty things like that) I had no where to do it and ended up just doing whatever on the dining room table. THEN I upgraded and my mother in law gave me a spare table she had laying around and I popped that in the corner of my bedroom (behind the door actually, pretty awkward place for a table...) and since then its been a pretty big mess of craft junk, think lots of 'stuff' and no storage. Yeah, big mess! However, today was the last day I was going to stare at it wishing it would sort its self out.
See, told you. Not pretty!
What I did: I went down to Howards Storage World and picked up an Everloc Bathroom/kitchen shelf ( http://hsw.com.au/index.php?product&id_prod=1289&id_cat=&id_dept= ), I chose a non drill shelf because our walls are plasterboard and its too much hassle to drill in hooks, the Everloc range is AMAZING! Pricey but well worth it for us :)

When I got home we set up our new shelf and then I pulled EVERYTHING out from the drawers and cleared off the top surface. Now because the table isn't actually mine I have to keep it as is, its one of those world map tables, its about 30 years old and covered in kids stickers so the best I could do was chuck an old bed sheet over the top and call it covered. Then I sorted out all of my craft things and started to pack them away into their new homes. I found some old jars laying around and now they're being used as pen and stamp holders! I thought the wall looked a bit blank so I quickly made up a wall hanger from left over fabric (with help from my little prince and princess!) This is how it ended up:



New shelf that holds organised jars and some scrapbooks

jar of textas and pens, bucket of stamps and ink!


top draw with chipboard, labels and embellishments

Scrap paper, boarders and little nicknack's




Better, right? I actually know where everything is and I can easily REACH everything now too! Yay! Now I'll have many hours of crafty goodness and ill NEVER stare at my craft table wishing for it to get organised again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment